“All life is problem solving.” — Karl Popper
I have been interested inside/outside view and it changes are estimates
Article of the week
This sample chapter shows how biases cause us to overestimate and how the outside view can give us a realistic prediction.
Top 10 articles
- Cracking the Code of Sustained Collaboration
- What the %*$# Is Systems Design?
- Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus
- Countering the Inside View and Making Better Decisions
- free technical writing courses from Google for developers
- The Ultimate Guide to the OODA Loop
- Whats the trouble
- secret to be a good manager
- Unit Tests are a Design Smell. Do Not Write Unit Tests.
- Why the culture wins, an appreciation of Iain M Banks
Hosk Recent articles
- One simple tip to improve your development and project estimates
- The code you take away as important as the code you write
- Ask Hosk — I’m a functional consultant who wants to become a Dynamics developer
- Why do people stay in boring jobs?
- Why IT projects estimates are wrong
- How to convert an unmanaged solution into a managed solution in Dynamics 365?
- Being a Junior Dev in the Time of COVID
- Safety Protocols for getting back to work
- Coronavirus vaccines
- Biography new coronavirus
- We don’t have a clear exit strategy
Ferguson said the relatively small proportion of the country he says has been infected so far — between about 3 and 5% — would mean that the additional two weeks before the lockdown would not have allowed us to go very far with collective immunity. Even after the peak of death, which he says will arrive in about a week, he estimates that about 10% of the population will not be infected.
- “He who can handle the quickest rate of change survives.” Lt. Colonel John Boyd
- I used to enjoy the quiet of working from home, until I was joined by my children #HoskWisdom
- Being a Dynamics developer is not a skill you can master, it’s a craft you can keep improving at #HoskWisdom
- Don’t deny yourself a book, it could change your life #HoskWisdom
- A failed project is a comedy to the creators, a tragedy to the customers #HoskWisdom
- To utilize the power of people, you must motivate them #HoskWisdom
- If the smartest person in the room can’t work with everyone else in the room, kick them out #HoskWisdom
- The road to a late project, is paved with extra requirements #HoskWisdom
- There is never enough time to build the solution the customer thinks they want #HoskWisdom
Follow the hastag #HoskWisdom or follow me on twitter BenHosk
Quote from current book(s)
Charles Darwin made it a rule to write down immediately any observation or argument that seemed to run counter to his theories
The Hosk — last 5 good books
Don’t deny yourself a book, it could change your life #HoskWisdom
- Opposable Mind: Winning Through Integrative Thinking — Roger L Martin
- This Poison Will Remain (Commissaire Adamsberg Mystery) — Fred Vargas
- Stillness is the key — Ryan Holiday.
- Talking to Strangers: What we should know about the people we don’t know-Malcolm Gladwell
- The inner game of Tennis: The ultimate guide to the mental side of peak performance — W. Timothy Gallwey
Last top 10 article
If you want more links, check out the link